Are you keeping up with your sleep apnea care this summer? Although sleep apnea is common, it can be a very serious disorder with lasting effects on your health. Sleep apnea is typically characterized as a sleeping disorder where there is a blockage of air, either physically or via brain signals, that prevents proper breathing while you sleep.
Listed below are some usual risk factors for sleep apnea:
– Common allergies and sinus problems can also enhance your risk for sleep apnea.
– Irregular symptoms that can increase your risk for sleep apnea include an enlarged tongue or tonsils, a deviated septum, nasal blockages, a small jaw, and throat obstructions.
– If left untreated, sleep apnea can contribute to high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, and even death.
– Males over 40 years have a higher risk of sleep apnea.
– Genetics play a substantial role in many disorders, including sleep apnea.
If you are showing signs of sleep apnea, come visit Northwest Center for Dentistry for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Cameron Clark and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Kalispell, Montana, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at (406) 752-4530. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!