Bad breath, also referred to as halitosis, is an oral health disorder that tends to take place when a person is displaying signs of unappealing odors coming from their mouth. These can be the result of foods, infections, bad hygiene, or other problems. Listed below are some of the ways bad breath can originate:
– Underlying diseases such as periodontal disease, usually called gum disease, could be the cause of your bad breath.
– Bad breath is often caused by the absence of proper oral hygiene habits.
– Bad oral hygiene in your mouth, especially high levels of plaque buildup, can develop into bad breath.
– Bad breath may have many causes, but it can typically be treated or temporarily relieved with the use of mouthwash.
– As you age, various dental services can cause bad breath, such dentures that should be washed and soaked in a cleaning solution every day.
– Some underlying diseases can affect your bad breath, including respiratory tract infections, and liver and kidney problems.
– Various medications can contribute to bad breath as a symptom.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with the help of halitosis treatment, set an appointment with Northwest Center for Dentistry at our dentist office in Kalispell, Montana. We can easily be reached at (406) 752-4530. Dr. Cameron Clark and the rest of our team look forward to taking your smile into the future!